MILBEMAX FOR DOGS – WORM CONTROL TREATMENT
Milbemax provides wide margin of protection for dogs. It is used as a dewormer to treat various types of intestinal worms in dogs. It destroys and treats many types of worms like roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. The product also prevents heartworm infection in dogs. Milbemax is safe for all breeds and sizes of dogs and can be used in breeding dogs including pregnant and lactating dogs.
How does it work?
The active ingredients of this tablet are Milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. The first ingredient - Milbemycin oxime kills parasites by disrupting the nerve transmission. Through natural mechanism these worms are eradicated from the host.
Praziquantel causes muscle spasm in tapeworms. Next, they are attacked by enzymes and are eliminated through the excretory system of the host animal. All types of tapeworms are killed except Spirometra spp. Hence, this special formula protects dogs from all kinds of intestinal worm infections and heartworm infection.
- Minimum recommended dose rate: 0.5 mg milbemycin oxime and 5 mg praziquantel per kg bodyweight of a dog.
- Administer the tablet orally as a single dose.
- Treat pet once a month to prevent heartworm and other intestinal worm infection.
- Can administer with or without food.
|Weight||MILBEMAX tablets for small dogs and puppies (0.5-5kg):||MILBEMAX tablets for dogs (5-25kg):|
|2.5mg milbemycin oxime (dose range 0.5-5mg/kg)
25mg praziquantel (dose range 5-50mg/kg)
|12.5mg milbemycin oxime (dose range 0.5-2.5mg/kg)
125mg praziquantel (dose range 5-25mg/kg)
|0.5 – 1 kg||½ tablet|
|> 1 - 5 kg||1 tablet|
|>5 – 10 kg||2 tablets||1 tablet|
|>10 – 25 kg||1 tablet|
|> 25 – 50 kg||2 tablets|
|> 50 – 75 kg||3 tablets|
- Until 12 weeks of age treat puppies with Milbemax once every 2 weeks.
- Then continue once every three months for protection against intestinal worms.
- For added heartworm prevention, treat once a month preferably on the same date.
these were really easy to give my little pooch. very reasonably priced too